Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Universe Update: Year 4 and WWE 2K18

So, it's been 3 successful years of WWE 2K16 Universe Mode. Albeit some game crashes on the PS4 and having to redo some matches, I had a good time with this game. But it's time to move on and plan for the future.

I am getting WWE 2K18, I just don't know when. I may wait until it's on sale on Black Friday, which is towards the end of November. This raises an interesting question. Do I do nothing and wait or start Year 4 now and carry it over into 2K18?

I already looked at the '18 roster and there is a lot of crossover between the two rosters. Obviously, '18 included a lot of CAWs I downloaded so that works. There are some stars that are no longer in '18, so I won't be including them. Bye bye to Adam Rose, Roddy Piper and a few others. I just have to download 15-20 CAWs once Community Creations is up and running.

I will continue Year 4 as much as I can. If that means I end in July, then it ends there. I don't think I can get all the way to April. I'll play until I get 2K18 and then start completely over.

As for the Universe itself, I am changing things up greatly. A fresh start. I will have just 4 shows, not 5. It was just too much. I will have Raw is War, SmackDown Live, NXT and Impact. I originally wanted to have Raw for the 90s guys, SD for the current roster, NXT for developmental and Impact for the "non-WWE" talent. Then I decided that would get very boring, seeing the same thing we've seen before.

So, those will be the shows with the rosters all mixed up. The roster breakdown will be 10 main eventers, 10-12 mid-card, 8 women and 4 tag teams per show (until I download more), making that 32 stars per show.

The draft results will be in a separate post. Here's to a great Year 4 and improved Universe in 2K18.

No comments:

Post a Comment